drawing challenge NEW THEME : mandala

good old spirograph, what else? 
how about a mandala, honey, an old acquaintance used to ask of me, if or when i started to talk gibberish. i hated mandalas for that reason, because i love talking gibberish. so i thought it could be interesting to do something with a mandala theme, and why not draw a-one, or whatever whichever? it is a mediation exercise, of that i am convinced, and it soothes the soul in all the right places too. but i also still LOVE gibberish, so's you all know! feel like giving it a try? there's no end to what a mandala is, can be, or even wants to be. i'm curious! leave your name here, we post the weekend of september 29 & 30. i think we will be in for a real treat...  

remember kaleidoscopes?

courtesy allows me to enlighten a little on the mandala? the {sanskrit word for} circle symbolises the universe. 
·
concentric diagrams within a mandala often hold significance in buddhism and hinduism, but since we're not fussy (i know i'm not), we can add whatever we like to our circles, i don't think buddha will mind either.
·
used in spiritual exercises for the purpose of concentration, i can't say what the actual effect would be, since i have not tried it. i don't think i will either, i believe the exercise is very much in the creation: turn inwards... and play. why, yes! that is concentrating. ☻
·
sooooooo.... will play ☺ : stefanie, patrice, {rosemary}, barbara, renilde, victoria, helen, sus, norma, ariane, céline, olga, {lynne?}, tatjana, jgysabine, ¿mano?, ...

18 comments :

  1. Hey woolf,
    I´m in for sure - wow!
    Looking forward big x
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. spirograph!
    how I loved to do that
    as a child
    but
    mandala....
    ok
    I am in

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have time in the next couple of hours I will give it a shot between packing my suitcase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Woolfy this sounds like a phantastic theme to me and I own a spirograph from the fleamarket... so yes count me in and lets play together, I'm sure it will be very interesting what comes up!
    xo Barbara
    Wish you a pleasant weekend with lots of dreams about your perfect working space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes there was a spirograph in my childhood too :)
    and this really sounds like playing , i will play along, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gibberish? You're great at gibberish Woolfy (it's what made me think you might be a fairy...)
    Spirograph? I received a set for my tenth birthday. I'll send you a pic which will make you laugh. That's as far as my contribution to your drawing challenge will go I'm afraid, because I suck at drawing - even with a spirograph to help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay..count me in...I love this theme!!
    Hugs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice challenge Nadine
    count me in but I might be a little late posting.
    Have a good weekend

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes please Woolfie - thanks for the invite!
    Love from the traveling sus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowser this one is fun. Count me IN please! Norma, xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, dearest Nadeschda,
    whats happened here already?!
    Wait
    I am in too :)

    Love
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in too! I wonder what will happen....
    Thank you for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. dearest woolfi woolf, a wonderful theme, i loved my spirograph...
    but i'm sorry because i have to say that i won't be in this time,
    thats's extra sad because you are the host!
    love, julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much, n
    for this invitation!
    i am so in
    )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I just colored a mandala at believe it or not a mandala coloring workshop!!
    maybe I will join in, may I?
    Thanks you , Frisco kid!!!
    hee hee, I don't even know what's a frisco, no kidding!
    Circle around enough and we will meet in the center for sure!!
    love to you,♡J

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter has one of this spirograph and it is really a fun to use it. I will be glad to be in the round on Saturday. Thank you for the great theme.
    Love
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  17. dearest woolfie, count me in - but put a big question mark over it! :-) mano

    ReplyDelete